All Connect Transit fixed route buses are equipped with bike racks. The racks allow a bike rider to mount their bike to a rack on the front of the bus when riding a bus. Each bike rack accommodates up to three bikes and there is no extra charge for your bike. Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload bikes. All people using the rack must be strong enough to load and unload their bike. Bikes are not allowed inside the bus. Oversized fat tire bikes will not fit on these bike racks.
Loading Your Bike
- As the bus approaches, have your bike ready to load; remove all pumps, water bottles and loose items that could fall off during transport.
- Always approach the bus from the curb side.
- Tell the bus driver that you are loading a bike.
- For safety reasons, the driver cannot get off the bus to assist you.
- Squeeze handle and pull down to release folded bike rack.
- Lift bike onto the rack, putting the front and rear wheels in the marked slots. Please load the rack nearest the bus first. You can load/unload rack nearest the bus without unloading the bike in front.
- Raise the support arm as far up on the wheel as you can, making sure it is resting on your front tire, not on the fender or frame.
Leaving the Bus
- Tell the driver you need to unload your bike.
- Move the support arm down and lift out your bike.
- Please fold up the rack if it is empty by squeezing the handle and lifting the rack into the closed position.
View the graphic below for a more detailed explanation.