$17.02 per hour
Primary duties are to function as a professional custodian by maintaining and repairing all Connect Transit facilities, grounds and equipment. Performs routine and directed custodial work, and minor exterior maintenance at the Connect Transit Owned Administrative and Maintenance buildings and bus shelters. This position reports to and receives work direction from the Connect Transit Maintenance Supervisory Staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following examples are not to be interpreted as an inclusive list; additional tasks may be assigned as needed
to achieve the goals of the transit system.)
- Mop, scrub, vacuum, renovate, and renew floors and other surfaces.
- Clean and dust exhibit cases, fixtures, doors, trim, and related furnishings; polish furniture and furnishings.
- Move furniture and miscellaneous equipment as needed.
- Move and store or stock new supplies such as boxes of copying or computer paper.
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walks at building entrances.
- Collect all waste paper, recycle material, and other debris and deposit in appropriate receptacles for pick-up.
- Clean and service drinking fountains, break areas and rest rooms.
- Clean and service smoking urns and receptacles
- Clean and service Connect Transit owned Bus Shelters including snow removal
- Wash and clean partitions, walls, window blinds, and all interior glasses, including framed pictures, windows, and door glasses, outside glass doors, and low-level windows.
- Report items that require repair to supervisor.
- Replace light bulbs on interior and exterior of building as needed.
- Work well with other Connect Transit Employees.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Use hazardous supplies in a manner which complies with applicable state and federal guidelines.
- General minor property upkeep, including repairs of floors and walls.
- Lawn care including mowing & trimming, pulling weeds, typical spring & fall grounds keeping work and minor landscaping.
- Safely operate company owned vehicle to drive throughout the B-N area to clean bus shelters.
- Excellent attendance;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use and care of all hand tools and test equipment.
- Regulations regarding safe practices, company procedures and government regulations regarding safety;
Ability to: To read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence;
- Speak effectively before groups of customers and /or employees
- Use of all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Operate calmly in high stress situations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other transit system departments, collective bargaining unit members, outside contractors, vendors and other government agencies;
- Meet the physical strength, agility and dexterity requirements to perform the work of this position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum, high school general equivalency diploma (GED) or technical school with one year experience in general maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Possession of a valid Driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform all essential duties; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move between 75-100 pounds.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to assorted fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and exposed to vibrations and risk of electrical shock. Work is performed indoors and outdoors. It involves exposure to normal risks typical to all aspects of transit system bus operations. It may involve exposure to angry and/or unpleasant individuals.
Connect Transit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.